Sunday, August 9, 2009

I'm a blogger

Okay, after many requests for blogging, I have now decided that its my time to take time out of my busy, hectic week, and sit down for a few minutes and write down my weeks adventures. So, here you go.

This week was productive! We had an excellent adventure (without Bill and Ted) to the Temple. I wanted some photographs of the kids and the temple. I knew that Saturday we were taking photos but the temple had a special meaning to me.

We also decided on a December Sealing. We want to renew our vows, and this just seemed the most opportune time to do this. After two months of coping, grieving, and just trying to rise above the heavy dark clouds that linger over us, we decided that this was our hardest battle to date, and while most families tend to part ways, when they lose a child, we pulled together. I had a new profound love for Christopher that reached beyond my vows that I took seven years ago.

The church has brought us closer as well, and now, we feel is the time to get sealed for time and all eternity. I figure, if I can put up with his temper, his embarrassing jokes, and his quick (often times getting him into trouble) wit, I can deal with it for all eternity. But lets not forget that puts up with me wanting to rearrange furniture at every opportunity, declutterize the house (meaning his stuff eventually landed in a tiny corner in the kitchen and in the garage) and of course, my need to have the house SPOTLESS!

So, we decided on a White Christmas theme for the reception. Bing Crosby and the red and white frocks... nothing says Christmas than that!! Of course, that means christmas tree's surrounded everywhere, and if I could afford it, I would have a snow blowing machine in the parking lot just to give it the special touch (thats the planner in me), but budget wise... I may have to bring out my snow cone machine and settle on a bowl of it!

Well, our photo shoot went GREAT and man, we have the best pictures ever...EVER! Ben Ashby Photography is the up and coming Photographer to the stars! He will be making a cameo in this years Issue of Goodrum Letters from Home. So, be on the look out! He's an awesome guy, great attitude, and works fantastic with kids... also can be a bit authoritive with those fiesty kids... luckly, Officer Ashby didn't have to threaten Jail Time on Conner!!

Well, the pics are posted, and I hope you enjoy them. There is a lot, but we just love all of them, and had to narrow down the 600 to 70! LOL.

Also, a shout out to my family in Canada, OC and Texas... Miss ya guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment