Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Cheering with Roo


Julie recently decided that she wanted to join cheerleading. With no money in the budget to do so, I thought to see if someone/several people, would be willing to sponsor Julie. Well, several people came through and now Julie is on the Panthers Cheer Squad. I don't know how it happened, but I was somehow roped into being a coach for the cheer squad. I am now officially a Junior Novice coach.
Joining the Tracy Panthers Cheerleading squad, has been a great blessing for me. I hesitate every day when I have to go, as I made the commitment, with a little push from Chris, I go and when I get there, I enjoy it!! I enjoy my small squad of three girls with one mascot. A mascot is the smallest division on our team, consisting of five to six year old. So, my little squad is perfect for me, and the girls are just awesome! They know what they are doing and amazingly can remember cheers that I still can't remember... their mind memory capacity is just incredible.
Well, with coaching of course, comes exercise... yep... I have lost a significant amount of weight! Its actually visible in photos...yeah!!! Several people have complimented on the weight loss as well as the incredible tan I have received. I am not sure of the actual pounds I've lost, but I know my muscles have increased too. I find myself with lots of energy and a great amount of spirit at games, camps and Jamborees...
Let me start first with Camp Jamz. My first official initiation to Cheer. One word sums it up... OUCH!!! Dancing in 100 degree heat from 8am to 3pm... wow. I came home and nearly collapsed!!! It was a lot of fun learning dance routines, learning more about cheering and stunting (which we don't have enough girls per squad to stunt this year). It was a great experience and the best part, is that my friend, Becki came out with her kids and cheered us!
Onto Jamboree, which was the following weekend. Let me first say that we had five days a week practice. Camp was on Sunday, Mon-Fri we had practice and Saturday we had Jamboree... I was BEAT!!! Jamboree was great, my friend Becki came to help me out with Grace since Chris had to work. Not knowing where to go once we got to the field in some little city in the middle of nowhere... was just a load of fun. Again 100 degree heat and walking around several fields whipped me into shape and out of energy.
Our football teams, all levels, have won each game, although our level of Junior Novice is not competitive. We are great teams and the boys work very hard, and the girls are cheering them on.
Our first game, which was an hour way, again in 100 degree heat, was pretty good for only have three girls make it! One was out sick, one was complaining of the heat and poor Julie had a bout with her allergies.
Julie is very great at cheer and always has spirit. She seldom complains (only when she cant breathe or is dire need of liquid), and it has been great for her to work on a team. She loves cheering, and loves the dancing at halftime. She catches on quick and is LOVING the tumbling. She is learning handstands, cartwheels, round offs, front walkovers and back walkovers. Our league, TVYFL, does not allow flips or stunting above shoulders, so its perfect for Julie and I who are just starting this and its all new to us.
Well, in the photo above, you can see the weight loss, :) and you can see the tan I've been getting :)
If I wasn't sweating a pound a minute, I would have worn makeup, but I knew it would melt off. Once the cooler weather hits, makeup will be out. I did Julies make up last game, but it melted off, so I thought just sunblock and dusting of shadow on eyes and lip gloss with SPF. I have to protect my little girl!!
Well, its off to bed... or rather back to bed... as I've been having insomnia lately, and only get a few hours of sleep throughout the night.
Up next... my interview and outcome for working at America's Department Store, MACY's!!

No comments:

Post a Comment